Where are northerners flocking this summer? The Placencia peninsula. If you keep up with travel trends, you already know that a visit to this elegant beach destination is destined to be a memorable, relaxing and idyllic one thanks to cool breezes and seasonal deals.
What won’t you encounter? Crowds. Placencia is the perfect place to spend your summer holiday but if you want to be sure it’s for you, answer these 5 questions before you dig out your swimsuit and start searching for airline deals!
1. Are you a self-admitted lobster fanatic? Could you eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner whether its slathered with butter on a grill, added to cream sauces atop pasta or prepared with a coconut crust? You can’t miss lobster season, starting on June 1st. Placencia’s annual homage to clawed beauties won’t be held this year due to covid restrictions, but trust us, there will be no shortage of lobster to consume, so don’t let anyone else get your share.
2. Can’t get enough animal sightings? For travelers who love seeing creatures in their natural habitats, Belize is Nirvana. This unspoiled, conservation-minded country places a priority on the protection of indigenous animals by establishing sanctuaries and reserves where humans are visitors and inhabitants rule. Experience Monkey River and Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary for your fill of the exotic during your Placencia stay.
3. Do you crave aquatic sports? Belize will satisfy your every wish if you love to fish, sail, snorkel, scuba dive and swim in the Caribbean Sea where the world’s second longest barrier reef invites people of all skills to get wet and have fun. Because Placencia is a peninsula, indulge your inner Jacques Cousteau on both coasts, including the Placencia Lagoon, home to aggregates of gentle manatees.
4. Were you the kid who sat in the front of the classroom because learning was fun? Belize’s ancient Maya ruins leave visitors awestruck at first glimpse of pyramids, palaces, ballparks and stele – especially when accompanied by exciting tales shared by guides at each ruin. You don’t have to visit all 900 of Belize’s sites, but at least one of Belize’s “big three,” Xunantunich, Lubanntum and Nim li Punit, belong on your tour itinerary.
5. Weary of staying at resorts so far from attractions, you spend half your time on a tour bus? Stay at Laru Beya Resort in Placencia where access to everything described above turns guest stays into action-packed sojourns. Laru Beya is one of the most affordable, beautiful beach resorts in Placencia, as evidenced by the number of travelers who wouldn’t think of going elsewhere.
Summer at Laru Beya is a feast for the senses and Belize all inclusive packages that include casually modern accommodations, gourmet meals and fabulous amenities are a feast for the wallet. The resort’s summer deals are already generating attention. See what all of the excitement is about at: Placencia Belize Special Offers and if you can find availability on dates you hope to travel, your affordable 2021 summer vacation in Placencia promises to be spectacular.