Policies – Laru Beya Resort
- 25% deposit is due at the time of booking.
- Payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival. Except for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) that requires payment in full 60 days prior to arrival.
- All charges to international cards are processed in Belize and will be in Belize Dollars as that is our Country’s currency.
- All Payments to credit cards are processed in our local currency (BZD). The displayed amount (in USD) is indicative and based on the standard exchange rate in Belize. The Standard Exchange Rate in Belize is US$1 is equivalent to BZ$2. Your bank will then convert our Belize charges back to your currency and will utilize the applicable market exchange rate at the time of conversion.
- Laru Beya Resort is not responsible for any currency rate of exchange variances applied by banks or for any international processing fees that may be charged by your credit card company.
- Card payments accepted: Visa, Amex, Discover and MasterCard Credit cards/ Debit card.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- All rates are in USD and includes all taxes / fees.
- All rates are based on double occupancy in each bedroom.
- Contact us directly for single occupants and kids rates.
- Rates are per person for all packages and per night for all Room Only (EP) rates.
- All our rates include 10% service charge.
- Maximum occupancy for each room are as follows:
- Adult rates apply for any person over the age of 12.
Discount Eligibility for Rates
FOR PACKAGE BOOKINGS:
- There are special rates for additional adults or kids in any room. Contact us directly for rates for our Ocean View One Bedroom, Two Bedroom Oceanfront Suites or Three Bedroom Family Suite rates.
FOR ROOM ONLY (EP) BOOKINGS:
- Extra persons will be charged US$30 per night per person.
Please contact us for rates not listed on our website.
- All cancellations must be received in writing and confirmed by our resort to be considered valid/effective.
- Trips cancelled as a result of, or due to, airline delays, strikes, world events, no-shows, premature departures, personal issues and / or as a result of inclement weather and/or acts of God including hurricanes are subject to our cancellation policy.
- No refunds will be given for denied entry caused by failure to carry proper proof of citizenship or the appropriate visa. (Read about entry requirements on our website).
- There is a $200 USD / $400.00 BZE administration fee for all cancellations for each room; this fee will be deducted prior to all refunds.
ALL CANCELLATION MADE:
- 120 or more days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 100% of this balance will be refunded.
- 90-119 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 75% of this balance will be refunded.
- 31-89 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 50% of this balance will be refunded.
- Less than 30 days prior to arrival date, guest is entitled to NO refund.
Cancellation on booking done for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) and Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday) will be subject to the following changes in the above policy:
- 61-89 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 50% of this balance will be refunded.
- Less than 60 days prior to arrival date, guest is entitled to NO refund.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Room Only (EP) Bookings include accommodations only.
- There is a 3 nights / 4 days minimum stay for package bookings, except for stays during Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) and Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday) which requires a 5 nights/ 6 days minimum stay for package bookings.
- Unused portions of Packages (meals and/or activities etc.) / Trips shortened as a result of or due, but not limited, to airline delays, strikes, world events, no-shows, premature departures, personal issues, inclement weather and/or acts of God, including hurricanes are NON-refundable and NON-transferable.
- All additional meals, transportation, drinks and/or tours etc. will be billed to your incidentals and should be paid for at check-out or the resort reserves the right to charge your credit card on file.
- Laru Beya Resort cannot accept responsibility for any delay, inconvenience, damaged possessions, or additional expenses incurred which may be caused either directly or indirectly by events outside our control such as weather, late arrival of flights or acts of God.
- The bartender reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who has clearly exceeded their limit.
- The hotel management declines all responsibilities for valuables left in the room after checkout.
- Smoking of any substance in our rooms is strictly prohibited. If smoking is detected at any time during or immediately after a guests’ stay, management reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee of US$500 per room.
- Additional specialty tours to the jungle and to the reef can be arranged for an additional fee, please contact us
- All Date Change Requests must be made in writing and is subject to availability and management’s approval. Rescheduling Cost for such request is as follows:
- 120 or more days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$100.00 rescheduling fee.
- 90-119 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$300.00 rescheduling fee.
- 31-89 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$450.00 rescheduling fee.
- 30 days or less will NOT be entitled to any change of date option.
- Guest moving from Low to High Season will be expected to pay the difference.
- Guest moving from High to Low Season will not be compensated for the difference.
Date Change Requests on booking done for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) and Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday) will be subject to the following changes in the above policy:
- 61-89 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$450.00 rescheduling fee.
- 60 days or less will NOT be entitled to any change of date option.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS
Belize is located in the jungle tropics, known for its melting pot of diverse cultures and pristine one of a kind landscape, architectures, flora and fauna. It is also one of the most visited tourist destinations. However, acts of nature are sometimes beyond our control and may temporarily hinder the natural path and attractiveness of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Package tours must be chosen according to our daily tour schedule.
- Tours arranged on days other than our scheduled tour days are subject to an upgrade fee per person.
- All boat itineraries and activities are weather and conditions permitting at resort’s discretion.
- We cannot guarantee the clarity of the ocean at all times as a result of weather.
There is risk involved in any outdoor activity and accidents may occur, therefore at Laru Beya Resort we consider safety our most important concern.
It is recommended that guests purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of your booking to protect you against illness, injury, loss of personal items and baggage, cancellation, and other travel contingencies.
At this time, we do not offer travel insurance through Laru Beya Resort.
- Our Rates already include 10% service charges which is distributed equally among ALL our staff as we believe everyone plays an important role in your stay with us.
- Additional Gratuity / Tips:
- Are generally given at your discretion, there is nothing too small or too big.
- We suggest that you request an envelope at front desk with your specific instructions to be sent to our accounting department.
- The accounting department will ensure proper and transparent distribution through the staff’s bank accounts.