For U.S. primary school students, lessons about the midnight ride of Paul Revere are mandatory. Teachers still use the phrase “One, if by land, and two, if by sea,” to teach kids about the secret signal given by Revere to alert patriots about the route British troops were taking. His warning helped win the American Revolutionary War.
In Belize, where Brits held dominion from 1783 to 1964 – and where it took another 17 years to gain independence – merchant traders, visitors, and now tourists – know that land and sea are but two ways to reach Belize, so when you and Paul Revere’s ancestors decide to visit this lush nation, you’ve got lots of choices at your disposal.
Come to Placencia by air. There is only one international airport serving Belize: Philip Goldson International Airport (BZE). Two commuter carriers, Tropic Air and Maya Island Air get you to Placencia from BZE in about 40 minutes.
- Take a shuttle. The BZE to Placencia shuttle takes about 3 hours and you’ll love the scenery en route to the peninsula.
- Choose a taxi. Belize taxi drivers service Placencia from BZE and they’ll get you to your destination in style. Feel free to negotiate the fare.
- Spring for a private car or van if you’ve got money to burn. You can also employ your best bargaining skills to settle the price of this ride.
- Rent a car if you intend to take advantage of Belize’s small size and want to cover as much ground as possible seeing tourist sites on your own.
- The bus from BZE to Placencia costs a fraction of what alternatives do, but be prepared for a longer ride if traveling by bus.
- Arrive by cruise ship or pilot your own boat from any port along the Caribbean rim.
- Drive from the U.S. to Placencia if you love long road trips.
Make it easy on yourself!
Book a Belize all inclusive package at one of Placencia’s most delightful destinations, Laru Beya Resort, where local round-trip flights between BZE and Placencia plus complimentary shuttles to and from the Placencia airstrip are included in Laru Beya packages.
Imagine how relaxed you’ll feel knowing that a charming oceanfront suite awaits your arrival, that delicious meals and unlimited local bar beverages are included, and that onsite recreational opportunities like the swimming pool, beach, kayaks, a Hobie Cat, and bicycles are all complementary.
Not a big fan of packages? You will become one once you read about the advantages of these creative plans on the Laru Beya website. Bonuses include saving time, and stress and maximizing your pleasure by getting to the resort as soon as you can.
Further, when you check out all of the amenities Laru Beya has to offer – beach access, fabulous tours, in-suite spa services, and opportunities to stroll local villages where you can shop, visit pubs and eateries and meet locals – you’ll want to take those flights so you get to paradise as fast as those planes can get you there!