If you’re up to date on your bible studies, it matters not which version of the good book you follow because the wording found in Ecclesiastes resonates: “To all things there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born; a time to die; a time to plant; a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.”
If you’re a fishing fanatic, there’s no shame in admitting that the doctrine you prefer is more likely found on the pages of “The Fisherman’s Bible“. This handy guide can help you navigate every sort of fishing opportunity, and that includes deep sea, fly, and reef fishing.
Every season is a fishing season in Belize
While November through January is often cited as the best months to engage in fishing on the Caribbean rim, you won’t get short shrift if you can’t get away during those months. Consult the list below and you’ll see that while you may not be able to take advantage of every type of fishing, you’ll still get your fill—especially if you sojourn on the Placencia peninsula at Laru Beya Resort, known as the place dedicated anglers stay if they want to get lucky year-round. Which of these floats your boat? Check out Laru Beya’s fishing tours, which can be added to your stay once at the resort.
- Blue Marlin (Deep Sea) sailfish season is short but sweet: August through September.
- Bonefish (Fly) fishing rocks from December through March.
- Jack Crevalle (Reef) season is between October and November.
- Permit (Fly) fishing may be best in June, but other months won’t disappoint.
- Sailfish (Deep Sea) is best in April and May, though September may surprise you.
- Snapper (Reef/Deep Sea) abound in December and January.
- Snook (Reef/Fly) season extends between November and April.
- Tarpon (Fly) awaits your gear and expertise from June through August.
- Wahoo (Reef/Deep Sea). Come between November and March and bring a camera!
Wonder how to avail yourself of this much happiness?
The secret to any fishing holiday is devoting all your time to the challenge and leaving the work involved with your vacation to someone else. At Laru Beya, not only do Belize all-inclusive packages simplify your stay by providing accommodations, meals, and transport to and from the resort on arrival and departure days, but onsite amenities are guaranteed to divert you from your singular mission to fish 24/7.
Best of all, you can focus on the sport that gives you pleasure, no matter what time of the year you decide to make your Belize fishing pilgrimage. Move “fish Belize waters” to the top of your must-do list, so as soon as you can get away, you’ll be packed and ready for the ultimate rush while acknowledging the wisdom of that passage from Ecclesiastes, “To all things, there is a season.” Especially when it’s the fishing season!