Belize Travel Guide
Belize is the perfect vacation destination for the adventure traveler thanks to its diverse ecosystems, natural attractions, wide range of cultures, and the fact that it is the only Central American country where English is the official language. Eight distinctive cultures can be found in Belize, including Mestizo, Mayan, Creole, Chinese and others. The country borders Mexico to the north, Guatemala to the west and along its coastline, lies the Belize Barrier Reef, the second largest reef in the world.
In Belize, you will find everything from pristine sandy beaches to luxury resorts and tropical rain forests.This brief travel guide will assist you in planning your amazing adventures in Belize.
Must-See Attractions in Belize
Belize is a country that truly offers so much to see and do, from snorkeling in the reef to touring Mayan ruins like Xunantunich or enjoying the modern nightlife of the Placencia Peninsula. In addition to enjoying these activities, you also need to make plans to see the below top attractions while you are in the area:
– The Belize Barrier Reef which is home to hundreds of species of fish and coral, making it one of the world’s most diverse ecosystems.
– The Blue Hole which is a veritable natural wonder and is on the top of the list of popular snorkeling and scuba diving destinations.
– Laughing Bird Caye, a marine reserve that is a protected area that is popular with adventure-lovers who want to snorkel with stingrays on their vacation.
– The Cocksomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary which is the perfect place to enjoy seeing a diverse range of wildlife in their native habitat.
– The Actun Tunichil Muknal which is a famous Mayan cave that has skeletons, stoneware, ceramics and other artifacts.
Belize has both a wet and a dry season. The wet months run from June through November. The best time to visit Belize is during the dry season, which includes the months of December through May.
Where to Go in Belize
Belize is an exciting vacation destination that inspires both relaxation and adventure, and the Placencia Peninsula is one of the top vacation spots in the country. Here, you will find the old world charm of Belize that has drawn visitors to the area for decades combined with a lively nightlife, pristine beaches, easy access to the reefs off the coast and adventures in the tropical jungle.
Where to Stay in Belize
When you want to stay in an amazing resort located right on the beach on the Placencia Peninsula, Laru Beya Beach Resort is the best option. Laru Beya is a resort that inspires relaxation with its beachfront location, tropically-themed swimming pools and hammocks located on each guest room balcony. The staff at the resort can assist you in scheduling tours and planning the best vacation possible.