What do families look for when they consider taking their children abroad? We turned to experts at the Travel Channel for real-world advice offered by parents with youngsters of all ages. Some of the advice these moms and dads suggest may help you rethink your game plan if you’re planning an overseas family adventure.
Did you know that frequent family travelers always find a way to “Keep as many home routines in place as possible,” despite time changes and other factors that can tempt parents into eschewing the routine every child depends upon? Finding ways to maintain a regular schedule can be difficult, “but it’s worth its weight in avoided tantrums and exhaustion,” they agree.
Using this goal to center everyone during your upcoming family trip, you’ll also want to follow these tips:
- Choose destinations that only require short flights for little ones and increase distances as kids get older.
- Bring a variety of materials to entertain youngsters so they have alternatives when their attention spans crash.
- Limit toys. Give each child a nylon sack and invite them to fill it with favorites.
- Prioritize sleep and food at your destination and, “everything else will fall into place,” experts insist.
- Build your itinerary around your children, be flexible and “pack your patience”!
- Bring only what you need and include wipes and hand sanitizer. Experts recommend being ruthless when packing and adopting this mindset: there’s no reason clothing items can’t be worn twice.
It’s the ideal first kids’ trip abroad: Belize
“What’s not to love about Belize?” enthused one travel-wise mom who has learned from earlier destination mistakes. A short plane ride, unlimited things to do that kids love (beaches, jungles, wildlife, oh my!) and a populace of welcoming English speakers makes Belize a carefree destination made for families. It’s easy to pick the ideal property as well, say parents who wouldn’t dream of staying anywhere else but Laru Beya Resort.
What makes Laru Beya stand head and shoulders above the competition? Start with an enormous amount of room within Laru Beya’s 3-bedroom/3 bathroom family villa, an open concept living/dining room, and a kitchen outfitted with everything you need to settle in. Choose from multiple styles of smaller digs that are ideally sized to accommodate your brood.
Something for everyone guaranteed
Just because there’s a fully-equipped kitchen within the largest villa, moms don’t have to cook if the family chooses the resort’s all-inclusive package that includes meals. Select from add-ons and age-appropriate activities on Laru Beya’s tour menu and settle in for the vacation of a lifetime.
Amenity choices are plentiful, varied, and enticing. Add in-suite spa services and you’ve snagged the perfect family getaway. Adopt all the tips parents who have successfully gone before you suggest and expect a getaway filled with laughs, one-of-a-kind experiences, and opportunities to bond with each other that may never come again.
Contact Us Today
Email: [email protected]
Local Belize Reservation Desk: +011-501-522-0384
Local Belize Front Desk: +011-501-523-3476
US Toll Free: +1-800-329-2528