Undertaking a search for a vacation spot should always be more about safety and security than it is about the number of sites you can take in during an average vacation. If you’re researching Belize, expect to discover a large amount of feedback from a variety of sources, but like everything that’s published on the net, it’s important to be discriminating.
That said, here’s the 2024 bottom line, per to the U.S. Department of State: “The US Travel Advisory classifies Belize as safe for American tourists.” Further, according to Tripadvisor in 2018, “Belize had the same travel safety rating as Belgium, Denmark, Italy, the UK and many other peaceful countries,” and you can count on even more peace of mind if you choose the Placencia Peninsula as your Belize destination.
This beautiful area enjoys a relatively low crime rate. Does that mean you should throw caution to the wind during your stay in Belize? Of course not—and by adopting these 10 practices your stay in paradise is likely to be even safer.
Tips you can use during your Placencia, Belize vacation
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment program before you leave home so it’s easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Consider travel insurance that offers financial reassurance should unforeseen events or emergencies come up.
- Pack sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and sunburn remedy as well as bug repellent.
- Avoid wandering around alone–and especially at night.
- Expect tour operators to require you to wear a life jacket or safety equipment at some destinations.
- Don’t make yourself a target by wearing expensive jewelry or flaunting other enticing valuables.
- Getting drunk and losing awareness of your surroundings is never a good idea.
- Rely upon your resort’s reputation for more reasons than just security. At Laru Beya Resort, count on staff for everything from information to trusted tour guides.
- Stay hydrated to avoid getting sick. The more active you are, the more water you need.
- Always obey the laws that keep you safe, from admonitions about disturbing wildlife to littering.
Rely upon your hosts for additional reassurance
Because you’ll be sojourning at Laru Beya, one of the friendliest resorts on the peninsula, count on staffers to advise you about appropriate behaviors. They’re helpful, discreet, friendly, and as concerned about your welfare as you are, and they want you to return to their little slice of heaven on the Caribbean shore again.
Further, every aspect of your stay has been carefully curated, including the All Inclusive Package that saves you from having to make a single decision related to your stay because your accommodations, meals, local transport, and onsite amenities are all included.
Time your vacation adroitly, and you can even save money on your time in paradise, and who wouldn’t love to pair safety with money savings? Safe, secure, and heavenly. Make every aspect of your trip to Belize so comfortable and reassuring, you won’t want to leave!