Social scientists say the tradition of spring break began with the construction of Florida’s first Olympic-sized pool in 1928. So many college students showed up to party, and a tradition was launched. By the time the 1960 cult film, “Where the Boys Are,” romanticized the experience, spring break had become every student’s favorite holiday.
Where the fun is
For those eager to work on their tans and consume enough beer and cocktails to fuel wild nights of dancing, Florida is no longer the place to report in 2019 because it’s too expensive. Kids on budgets want to run amok in an affordable place with no limitations, which is how Belize’s reputation for spring break excellence grew.
More to the point, brainiacs of both sexes, eager to break free from the pressure of studies, will want to check out Belize’s Placencia Peninsula–and specifically Laru Beya Resort–where spring break is not just fun; it’s also educational!
Why Laru Beya?
Working off steam demands as much outdoor time as a college student can consume. The only school uniforms you need are a change of bikinis or swim trunks. Don’t bother promising friends back home post cards describing your stay at this award-winning resort. You won’t have time to write them.
Belize is located so close to the U.S., you can apply tanning lotion on the airplane and launch your beach time within a matter of hours. But spring break at Laru Beya in Placencia requires you to check out these activities:
- Hang out at the pool or bicycle your way around to stay fit during your stay.
- Hobnob with Whale Sharks, scuba dive Belize’s reef and even dive into the Big Blue Hole.
- Grab extra credit by taking in Placencia’s cultural scene.
- Nature tours prove that you and your friends aren’t the only wildlife on the planet.
- Dance the night away at the resort or confine your moves to your accommodations.
- Fuel up on fresh Caribbean dishes and enjoy unlimited local beverages when you book an all inclusive package.
- Send e-mails via Laru Beya’s Wi-Fi system so your folks don’t worry.
If you’re smart, you’ll make plans now!
Because you’re going to college, you’ve proven you can accomplish anything and you don’t have to major in economics to understand that Laru Beya’s 3-bedroom family suite is the perfect spring break headquarters because it sleeps up to 8. Split the cost of your gorgeous accommodations to show your parents you’ve got a good head on your shoulders.
Laru Beya’s large suites go fast. Book immediately to secure your temporary party headquarters so you find out for yourself why Belize and Placencia are fast becoming the best place in the hemisphere to spend spring break.