Belize Is Open For Travel
Effective July 12, 2022
Travelers are no longer required to show proof of vaccination for entry into Belize’s airport. Unvaccinated travelers are no longer required to show proof of a negative PCR or a negative Antigen Rapid test upon arrival. Every child under the age of 18 years will not be required to show proof of vaccination upon entry into Belize through airport. Kindly note that procedures can change, so it’s best to check the Belize Tourism Board site for the most up to date information.
- Purchase of the Belize Travel Health Insurance is now optional but encouraged. See the Belize Tourism website for FAQS: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety/. We are not affiliated with Belize Travel Insurance.
Covid-19 United States Entry Requirements
Effective June 12, 2022, the US is no longer requiring a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States.
Covid-19 Canada Entry Requirements:
- Fully vaccinated travelers can travel to the country without presenting a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Unvaccinated travelers are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular/PCR test within 72 hours of their flight. The test must be administered by a laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service.
If guests traveling back to Canada wish to take a PCR test, which require an appointment at an off-site facility, this can be arranged by the concierge or the front desk at least 48 hours in advance of the day of departure at a cost of US$200. Please contact the front desk directly to let them know you will need a test.
- The PCR test results usually require 24 hours and will be sent to the guest via email. The off-site facility sends the samples to their clinic in San Pedro via plane to process for results.
Travelers from Canada, kindly refer to this sites for more complete details, as guests are responsible for understanding COVID travel requirements:
Laru Beya Resort Health & Safety Plan
For the safety of our guests and staff, we have implemented a series of Covid-19 resort precautionary measures to ensure the health and well being while maintaining a warm & welcoming environment as follows:
- As of April 1, 2022 mask wearing is no longer required for indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Low contact check-in & out procedures.
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property.
- Enhanced room cleaning & disinfecting and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces.
- Daily health checks for guests and employees.
- Staff vaccination plan implemented and underway.
The following contact info and links have other helpful information for traveling to Belize and safety procedures the country is putting into place.