With an abundance of celebrations in September, travelers to exotic Belize will find much to do in a month filled with patriotic excitement and festivity. The country will host a range of events as diverse as its people and two of the important celebrations that you will not want to miss are the commemoration of the Battle of St. George’s Caye and Independence Day.
Belize celebrations are festive and colorful, and visitors can enjoy the pride that locals feel for their country and heritage as well as attend a great town party. Events happen throughout the country, although Belize City is the most happening.
Here are ten reasons to visit Belize in September:
Photo by: mybeautifulbelize.com
1. Celebrations take place to commemorate the Battle of St. George’s Caye Day, celebrating the victory of the Baymen on September 10th and Independence Day on September 21st.
2. The Queen of the Bay Pageant and Carnival Parade are held in September.
3. You’ll have a chance to sing the lyrics of “The Tenth Day of September”, sung in English. You also can dress in patriotic colors of red, blue and white.
4. Enjoy Jump Up Time! Everyone is invited to take part in the event, which in 2017 carries the theme of “Confronting Challenges! Celebrating Triumphs! Renewing our Resolve!”
5. Visit the Expo, the first week of September and enjoy unique musical events as part of the September Celebrations.
6. Savor a whirlwind of color as feathers fly at Carnival during the second week of the month.
7. Spiritually and ethnically diverse cultures come together to create excitement and color as well as togetherness, and visitors are awed by the ceremonies.
8. Enjoy special performances during September by the visiting performers, Calypso Rose and Machel Montano.
9. Partake in the 36th celebration of National Independence of Belize from Great Britain.
10. When you are tired of celebrating the important historic events in Belize, you can always dive the Blue Hole, which has been nominated as the 8th Wonder of the World.
Plan an exciting visit in September and celebrate the culture and spiritual essence of Belize with the locals.
Visiting Belize in September? Then take advantage of Laru Beya’s Fall Specials.