Placencia Belize Tours: Top Five Must Do List!
Why Visit Placencia
Placencia is a peninsula located in southeastern Belize, with the sapphire waters of the Caribbean on one side, and a beautiful, mangrove-lined lagoon on the other. At the southern tip is Placencia village, where visitors can find accommodations, diving supplies, a good cup of coffee, and docks to head out to sea for boating, fishing, and diving adventures. Despite becoming an increasingly popular vacation destination, Placencia village still boasts a barefoot culture, where locals and tourists alike can wander down the central sidewalk that performs double duty as the main street in town.
Top 5 Tours to Do in Placencia
- Fishing - Anglers come from all over the world to try their luck in the abundant waters of Belize. Whether you prefer salt water fly fishing, spin casting, trolling, or trying your hand at deep sea fishing, Placencia is a fisherman's paradise.
- Scuba Diving - The Great Barrier Reef is a protected natural habitat, making it an ideal place for scuba divers to witness the thousands of colorful tropical species that make their home in and near the coral reef.
- Visit the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve - Home to the last surviving jaguars native to Central America, the preserve is also a great place to spot rare species like the red-eye tree frog, magnificent jungle orchids, and more than 300 species of birds.
- Snorkeling - Don your mask and swim through the crystal clear waters off of the coast of Placencia, passing through schools of angelfish, rays, and the gorgeous parrot fish. Calm, shallow waters allow even snorkeling beginners to marvel at the panoply of marine life off the coast of Placencia.
- Explore the Monkey River - Embarking from the Monkey River village, visitors will slowly head upriver, exploring the rich wildlife found in the area, including dolphins, manatees, crocodiles, and of course, plenty of monkeys.
Where to Stay in Placencia
With close access to all of the tours listed in this article, the Laru Beya Beach Resort has 5-star accommodations at affordable prices. With an on-site gourmet restaurant, free high-speed internet, and lovely infinity swimming pools overlooking the ocean, Laru Beya is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a fantastic Belize vacation. The village of Placencia is just a short beach walk away, making Laru Beya the best perfect place to begin your adventures in Belize.